What is your Eternal Purpose?
Posted on February 25, 2015
Leave a Comment
“Eternal Purpose” – Ephesians 3:10-19
Are you living according to your Eternal Purpose God created you for?
Ephesians 3:11 – “According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:”
Think about your life. Why God created you. Are you living according to the Eternal Purpose that God created you for? Are you living in contrast to that purpose? Do you care either way?
What is our Eternal Purpose? (Ephesians 3:11 – According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:)
- We are here to bring Glory to God. (Romans 11:36 – For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.)
- C.S. Lewis said “In commanding us to glorify Him, God is inviting us to enjoy Him.”
- Glorifying God should be a joyous occurrence for us.
- We are here to have fellowship with God and each other. We should not hide within ourselves we should fellowship with the Lord and fellow Christians. (I John 1:7 – But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.)
- We are to share the Gospel with a lost and perishing world. (Mathew 28:19-20 – Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.)
- We are here to minister to the needs of the Saints to the needs of fellow Christians. (Romans 12:13 – Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. & I Corinthians 16:1 – Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. & II Corinthians 9:12 – For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;)
- Is your eternal purpose to teach a Sunday School class, help in Children’s Church, lead music, sing specials, share the Gospel with someone, or could your eternal purpose be to preach the Gospel of Christ? (I Timothy 1:12 – And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry)
- God will enable you to fulfill your eternal purpose for Him whatever that eternal purpose may be.
- Don’t doubt God. If you feel Him leading you into the ministry follow His lead. He will enable you to fulfill that calling.
- Is your eternal purpose perhaps sharing your testimony with others on how God helped you through a rough time in your life so you can minister to others in a similar situation? (Hebrews 11:5 – By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.)
- Do you even have a testimony that is pleasing to God?
- Could your testimony be used by God to help someone? If so are you letting God use it?
- What are you going to live for? Are you going to live to fulfill your eternal purpose for God? Or are you going to live for self and all your selfish, self-centered wants and desires? We have to choose. Are we going to live for God and His eternal purpose in our life or are we not? (Joshua 24:15 – …choose you this day whom ye will serve; …but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.)
- Are you doing your Eternal Purpose?