WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE SAVED?
- First you have to realize that God loves you. (John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
- All people are sinners. (Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; John 3:18 – He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- Sins must be paid for. (Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.)
- What is sin? (I John 3:4 – Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.) Sin is anything that goes against God’s law or God’s commandments.
- Christ paid for our sins. (Romans 5:8 – But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.)
- Who is Christ? Our Savior (Hebrews 4:15 – For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. I Timothy 2:5-6 – For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. I Corinthians 15:3-4 – For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:)
- We must ask by faith for Christ to save us. (Romans 10:13 – For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.)
- After we are saved then what happens according to:
Revelation 21:27 – Our name is written in the Lamb’s book of life.
II Corinthians 5:17 – We become a new creature.
John 1:12 – Become the sons of God.